Welcome to historic Aurora, Oregon – a 19th century village at the entrance to the North Willamette Valley, famous for antiques and a unique story.
SOLAR ECLIPSE! Aurora is OPEN on Monday, August 21st. 11-5
Stop by on your way to or from your viewing venue! (See more eclipse information below.)
Just 25 minutes from Portland or Salem at I-5 Exit 278 or on old Hwy 99E just north of Woodburn.
- Listed – Best 50 Antiques Towns in the US by House Beautiful and Country Living magazines, 2016-17
- Old Aurora Colony Museum, a pre-civil war beginning
- 17 Antiques & Vintage shops & salvage
- 8 Specialty Shops: garden, dollhouse miniatures, candy factory, quilt shop, watercolor gallery, ironwork and decor, gift shop
- 6 Eateries, Bakeries & Restaurants
- 4 Wine & Beer: Tasting rooms, pub, wineries
- Attractions: Antiques! Golf, wineries, nurseries
- Lodging: Bed & Breakfast, motels, RV & campgrounds
- MOST SHOPS AIR CONDITIONED!
- Shops begin opening at 10am and close at 5pm, many open 7 days a week. Most shops open on Sundays.
Free parking, RV parking too. Convenient public restroom. Dog and kid friendly!
This is a great place to spend the entire day or stop and visit as you travel north or south
August 21 Total Solar Eclipse! “Aurora, Three Dawns in One Day”. Aurora is in the “path of totality” with many special opportunities to share the viewing around and south of us. The totality is forecast for around 10:15am.
If you plan to travel to Aurora to view the eclipse on the morning of 8/21, we suggest the Aurora City Park. Please be considerate of the residential neighborhood. You may also park in downtown Aurora and view the eclipse there. Most shops will open shortly after the eclipse but some will be open as early as 8:00am. Coffee and food will be served for those arriving early at Christa’s Cafe, The Colony Pub and Scattercreek Junction, all in the downtown area. (White Rabbit Bakery will be closed.) See map at downtown kiosk for locations. The downtown public restroom opens at daybreak.
- After the eclipse Aurora’s shops will be open for the day, so if you’ve enjoyed the experience and are on your way back home after the weekend or if you’ve come for the day, welcome! Have lunch and refreshment here and browse the shops until 5pm.
- Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm, Woodburn. Just a few miles south of Aurora, is having an Eclipse weekend on their farm and winery. Reserve now
- Sunday, August 20th, Solar Eclipse Party with POK POK on the patio at St. Josef’s Winery, Canby. Get ready for the solar eclipse with great wines, music and Portland’s Famous Foodie restaurant! Pok Pok is bringing their Asian-Fusion fare to St Josef’s! You don’t have to drive to Portland and wait for hours…come to St Josef’s and enjoy the James Beard award winner! Open 12-5pm, music & food 1-5
- St. Josef’s Winery Solar Eclipse Breakfast, Monday August 21st. SOLD OUT! Enjoy mimosas, pancakes & sausage. Details and reserve now.
August 26-27-28th, September 2-3-4th Dahlia Festival! Prepare yourself for the season’s most spectacular color at America’s largest dahlia grower, Swan Island Dahlias. Just a few miles from downtown Aurora in Canby. During the festival, view dahlia displays and enjoy food, music and order your own dahlias or purchase cut ones of your choice. 995 NW 22nd, Canby. Also, fields are open every day in August and September 8am 7pm. Dahlias.com
Holiday Wine & Chocolate Walk, Dec. 2-3, 2017. Tickets go on sale soon for this popular annual event! Watch this space for Early Bird prices online here.