The elves are ready as Aurora becomes a vintage wine and “candy land” on December 2-3 with its Habitat for Humanity benefit. (Here they take a breather at Highway 99E Antique Mall.)
Just 25 minutes from Portland or Salem, visit our friendly historic village this holiday season. Look what’s here!
- Listed – Best 50 Antiques Towns in the US by House Beautiful and Country Living magazines, 2016-17 (The ONLY one in Oregon!)
- Old Aurora Colony Museum, a pre-civil war beginning
- 17 Antiques & Vintage shops, salvage & auction house
- 8 Specialty Shops: garden, dollhouse miniatures, candy factory, quilt shop, watercolor gallery, ironwork and decor, gift shop
- 6 Eateries, Bakeries & Restaurants
- 4 Wine & Beer: Tasting rooms, pub, wineries
- Attractions: Antiques! Golf, wineries, nurseries
- Lodging: Convenient motels, RV & state campground
- Shops begin opening at 10am and close at 5pm, many open 7 days a week. ALL shops open on Sundays during the holiday season.
The town is swagged and wreathed in fresh greenery (even our famous blue benches!) and inside you’ll find holiday hospitality, exciting displays and gift ideas galore.
From a candy factory (Pacific Hazelnuts) to a winery (Pheasant Run), from a garden & gift decor shop (French Prairie Perenials) to a vintage salvage giant (Aurora Mills Architectural Salvage), from a artisan bakery (White Rabbit Bakery) to a 3-floor antiques mall (Main Street Merchantile), this is a holiday destination not to be missed!
While you’re in town don’t miss these little gems:
Timeless Antiques For authentic Mid Century Modern, you’ll be immediately immersed in the era with all of its trimmings! “If it was big then, we have it.” says buyer Barbara Johnson. Filled with a mind boggling inventory of furniture and lamps & original shades, find a huge selection of stunning barware and accessories.14988 2nd St. (503)678-6987.
They will be pouring St. Josef’s estate wines during this weekend’s event.
Heirlooms Dollhouse Miniatures, 21561 Main Street. Located in a cozy Craftsman bungalow in the center of Aurora’s antiques district, this charming shop is just a few steps off the sidewalk but you will be transported into a different world!
One of only a handful of shops like this in the West, you will find all manner of tiny furniture and accessories, from ones suitable for building your children’s dreams to your retirement decorating. (You say you miss your huge, well appointed home after downsizing? Have your dream again in miniature!)
Hard to find items, designer details and collector pieces, too. Currently find a selection of gold plated, Swarovski crystal chandeliers and teeny table lamps.
Open weekends and message Wendy for best times to see this amazing shop!
Black Star Watercolor, 21680 Main Street. Fri, Sat & Sun 12-5 Find that unique gift among watercolor paintings, pottery, books and more, many items starting at just $10 This is a sweet little gallery with a happy vibe located right next to Pheasant Run Winery Tasting Room.(503)776-9082
This is your check-in location for starting your Wine & Chocolate tour and for buying tickets on December 2-3. Opens at 10am both days.