Make our historic village your fall destination! Pick up a pumpkin in the area and spend a relaxing day here. Enjoyable for couples, families and singles who want a day by themselves.
Just 25 minutes from Portland or Salem at I-5 Exit 278 or on old Hwy 99E just north of Woodburn.
- Listed – Best 50 Antiques Towns in the US by House Beautiful and Country Living magazines, 2016-17 (The ONLY one in Oregon!)
- Old Aurora Colony Museum, a pre-civil war beginning
- 17 Antiques & Vintage shops & salvage
- 8 Specialty Shops: garden, dollhouse miniatures, candy factory, quilt shop, watercolor gallery, ironwork and decor, gift shop
- 6 Eateries, Bakeries & Restaurants
- 4 Wine & Beer: Tasting rooms, pub, wineries
- Attractions: Antiques! Golf, wineries, nurseries
- Lodging: Bed & Breakfast, motels, RV & state campground
- Shops begin opening at 10am and close at 5pm, many open 7 days a week. Most shops open on Sundays.
October 1-31 TABLE-TOP HOP! Follow squirrels Phil & Bert (Filberts, anyone?) around the shops as they check out great ideas for vintage style table decorating for the coming seasons. Free. Pick up your map in the shops. Bring a friend and spend the day!
From fall and Thanksgiving ideas to celebration table decor in mid-century modern, this is a popular month-long event that takes you all around town!
October 13-22 “Crazy About Aurora!” Annual Quilt Show, Old Aurora Colony Museum. Daily 10-4. Featuring, you guessed it, amazing crazy quilts. All buildings will hold quilts, both vintage and contemporary.
You’ll see the most amazing quilts and the detail of historic crazy quilts is very personal as well as artistic. In addition, enjoy the museum’s country store and learn a few tricks from the quilting demonstrations. Bring a friend and make a day of it!
Visit HOME AGAIN ANTIQUES while you’re in town! Housed in a favorite historic building since it was a 1910 residence and former gourmet restaurant, this authentic antiques store features East Coast, Country and Primitive furnishings. You’ll be enchanted with a wonderful selection of folk art, textiles, Americana and ephemera. Find distinctive 19th century furniture, ready to go right into your home! Open Tuesday-Sunday, 11-5. 21631 Main Street, Aurora. (503)678-0227.
Holiday Wine & Chocolate Walk Dec. 2-3, 2017. Tickets go on sale soon for this popular annual event! Watch this space for Early Bird prices online here.
This year we expect to have even more wine and chocolate locations among our holiday-decorated vintage shops. Save the date and gather your friends!