Rain or shine, you’ll find our little town ready for your visits with a great cup of coffee, a glass of local sparkling wine or a really cold beer! Or creamy gelato or pie a la mode.
Just 25 minutes from Portland or Salem at I-5 Exit 278 or on old Hwy 99E just north of Woodburn.
- Listed – Best 50 Antiques Towns in the US by House Beautiful and Country Living magazines, 2016-17 (The ONLY one in Oregon!)
- Old Aurora Colony Museum, a pre-civil war beginning
- 17 Antiques & Vintage shops & salvage
- 8 Specialty Shops: garden, dollhouse miniatures, candy factory, quilt shop, watercolor gallery, ironwork and decor, gift shop
- 6 Eateries, Bakeries & Restaurants
- 4 Wine & Beer: Tasting rooms, pub, wineries
- Attractions: Antiques! Golf, wineries, nurseries
- Lodging: Bed & Breakfast, motels, RV & campgrounds
- MOST SHOPS AIR CONDITIONED!
- Shops begin opening at 10am and close at 5pm, many open 7 days a week. Most shops open on Sundays.
Free parking, RV parking too. Convenient public restroom. Dog and kid friendly!
This is a great place to spend the entire day or stop and visit as you travel north or south.
October 1-31 TABLE-TOP HOP! Follow squirrels Phil & Bert (Filberts, anyone?) around the shops as they check out great ideas for vintage style table decorating for the coming seasons. Free. Pick up your map in the shops.
From fall and Thanksgiving ideas to celebration table decor in mid-century modern, this is a popular month-long event that takes you all around town!
Bring a friend or neighbor and spend the day.
October 7 The Little Nibble! Sample our recipes that correspond to the themes selected at Aurora’s Table-top Hop. Yum. 11-5.
Just this one day for Phil & Bert’s treats, get ideas on what to serve too! (The rest of the month they’re hiding hazelnuts all around Aurora!)
October 13-22 “Crazy About Aurora!” Annual Quilt Show, Old Aurora Colony Museum. Daily 10-4. Featuring, you guessed it, amazing crazy quilts. All buildings will hold quilts, both vintage and contemporary.
You’ll see the most amazing quilts and the detail of historic crazy quilts is very personal as well as artistic. In addition, enjoy the museum’s country store and learn a few tricks from the quilting demonstrations. Bring a friend and make a day of it!
Visit Main Street Merchantile and Back Porch Vintage while you’re in Aurora. Enter this block long array of antiques, vintage, furniture and amazing finds from either the Main Street door or the Hwy 99E side. Open daily 10-5. These are two separate businesses, each with its own flavor and places to explore.
A wide selection of furniture and vintage accessories is well worth the shopping experience. Or, if small collectibles are your passion, you’ll find cases galore in Main Street Mercantile.
If distinctive transferware china, lovely silver and copper pieces for your traditional home are on your Pinterest board, come touch these in person at Back Porch Vintage or “drive away” one of the pedal cars parked in front of the store everyday!
You can “lose” yourself here so come early so you can enjoy these stores as well as the rest of our village!
Holiday Wine & Chocolate Walk Dec. 2-3, 2017. Tickets go on sale soon for this popular annual event! Watch this space for Early Bird prices online here.