Get a fresh start to 2016 with a ‘refreshing’ visit to the quaint village of Aurora, Oregon’s first national historic district. Our 22 shops and eateries are open in the winter and offer a cozy respite from inclement weather or our venerable Northwest rain! And easy access from I-5, Exit 278, just 25 minutes from Portland or Salem.
February 13-15. “Find your Love in Aurora”. Valentines Day weekend is celebrated in the shops with special romantic-styled displays and special features.
Bring your special someone to town for a day of vintage browsing, wine tasting, candy sampling and special menu items on Saturday or Sunday, 11-5.
Many shops also open on Presidents Day, February 15th, 11-5.
Valentine Weekend Merchant Participants:
- Highway 99E Antiques – Find your favorite vintage collectibles with a sweetheart of a BIG sale.
- Timeless Antiques – Creating romantic traditions with vintage glass and retro entertainment wares. Treat your Valentine to wine tasting featuring three wines from St. Josef’s.
- South End Antique Mall – Love your collector with South Ends annual February Sweetheart Sale.
- Beyond Art – Find your love of knitting: all pink and red yarn 10% off!
- Time After Time – Treat your Valentine to FREE Tea Tasting: Chocolate Mint Tea by Harney & Sons, 12-4
- Scattercreek Junction – Enjoy a slice of Marion Berry Pie with your sweetheart. Let us make it (complimentary) Gelato ala mode served with two forks: $3.95
- Feller House B & B – Bring your love to the Feller House for our Sweethearts Getaway (Valid February 12 or 13).Experience the charm and comfort of our historic farmhouse B&B and the warm hospitality of your hosts, Arnie and Barb Mitchell.Local chocolate and flowers in your room when you arrive, and a special four course gourmet breakfast in the morning. $159.00
- Pheasant Run Wines – put a glow in your Valentine’s cheeks with our special Valentine’s weekend tasting flight featuring our new sparkling prosecco and Walla Walla Syrah.
- White Rabbit Bakery – Valentines cupcakes along with our delectable snacks and gourmet coffee.
- Pacific Hazelnuts – Sample our new chocolate truffles and sea-salt caramel hazelnuts.
- Christa’s Café & Antiques – Special German Menu, German Sausages, Wurst Platter, with German Potato salad, red cabbage, with special mustard.
- Aurora Lampworks – Find Your Heart at the Lampworks!
- The Colony Pub – Enjoy our Valentine lunch and dinner specials with your sweetheart!
- Aurora Antiques – Vintage jewelry and more on sale to please your Valentine.
- Old Aurora Colony Museum – Romantic French Prairie exhibit for history lovers opens Valentines weekend. Books and history-inspired gifts for your Valentine.
- Back Porch Vintage – “A rose by any other name”: Everything is coming up roses! Floral lamps, place settings, linens, valentine boxes, vintage cards, and paintings and prints. Come find a rose for your Valentine.
- CANVAS – “You’re just my type”: A collection of paper goods and craft, the artwork and photography of loves and lovers. PLUS “To Have and To Hold”: Wine tasting to celebrate the opening of our bridal inspired room.
- Aurora Mills Architectural Salvage – Bring your sweetheart to Aurora Mills Architectural Salvage to hunt for the ultimate treasure: a wonder filled afternoon as you meander through the ages of architectural salvage, vintage hardware, and one-of-a-kind antiques.
- Main Street Merchantile – Find your love-. find your treasurers here! Discounts throughout store.
February 2-June 5. Old Aurora Colony Museum opens with a new exhibit “Pieces of the Puzzle- the Old Aurora Colony Museum 1966-2016” as it kicks off its 50 year anniversary.
February 20 Antique Bottle & Collectible Show & Sale. 9am-3pm. Aurora American Legion Hall. Admission by donation. Presented by the Oregon Antique Bottle Association.
May 7-8, 2016 Mothers Day Wine & Jewelry Walk! Bring Moms, Grandmas, Wives and Daughters to town for a day they will long remember. Enjoy wine tastings from local wineries as you browse Aurora’s famous shops, many of which will be featuring special jewelry that weekend. Included in this special package for two: a pair of souvenir wine glasses, 4+ wine tastings each, $12 to spend in Aurora’s shops and a pair of lovely freshwater pearl earrings for Mom. 11-5. Advance tickets available at (503)939-0312. $49/couple or $25 single. (Children may accompany parents.)