Welcome to historic Aurora, Oregon – a 19th century village at the entrance to the North Willamette Valley famous for antiques and a unique story.
Just 25 minutes from Portland or Salem at I-5 Exit 278 or on old Hwy 99E just north of Woodburn.
- Listed – Best 50 Antiques Towns in the US by House Beautiful and Country Living magazines, 2016-17
- Old Aurora Colony Museum
- 17 Antiques & Vintage shops & salvage
- 8 Specialty Shops: garden, dollhouse miniatures, candy factory, quilt shop, watercolor gallery, ironwork and decor, gift shop
- 6 Eateries, Bakeries & Restaurants
- 4 Wine & Beer: Tasting rooms, pub, wineries
- Attractions: Antiques! Golf, wineries, nurseries
- Lodging: Bed & Breakfast, motels, RV & campgrounds
- MOST SHOPS AIR CONDITIONED!
- Shops begin opening at 10am and close at 5pm, many open 7 days a week. Most shops open on Sundays.
Free parking, RV parking too. Convenient public restroom. Dog and kid friendly!
This is a great place to spend the entire day or stop and visit as you travel north or south.
July 12, 19, 26 Aurora Concerts in the Park. Aurora City Park Amphitheater. 7-9pm. Free. Bring your blanket and chairs, pack a picnic or purchase beer, wine and food at the park. Rain or shine. Families welcome. For line-up see AuroraColonyDays.com Sponsored by the City of Aurora and local sponsors.
The final concert, August 2, 7-10pm. caps our Aurora Colony Days celebration.
August 5 Aurora Vintage Roadshow! Bring your family treasure and find out about it. Pheasant Run Winery Tasting Room, Main St & First St. Experts available – antiques, art, collectibles. Book your appointment at www.facebook.com//Auroravintageroadshow/
August 12, 2017 Aurora Colony Day Outdoor Antiques + Vintage Faire 8-4, plus 5K Run Walk/1K Kids Fun Run, Parade, Art Show & Sale, Family Friendly Beer Garden, Living History at the Old Aurora Colony Museum, Artisan Farmers Market and Concert in the Park, 7-10pm. www.AuroraColonyDays.com. A great summer day of antiques and community. If you love antiques & history in the outdoor atmosphere, this is your event!
Aurora Antiques has one of the largest selections of antique and vintage jewelry in the Northwest. Sought after Vintage Costume Jewelry includes designer signed names such as Eisenberg, Weiss, Kramer, Juliana, Hobe, Trifari, Hollycraft, Schreiner and many others. Also Native American, Sterling and Gold jewelry. Fine gems as well. Come be dazzled! Mention this announcement and receive 20% off jewelry items over $50 (per item). Expires 8/31/17.
Aurora Antiques, 21581 Main St., (503)678-1007. Open daily 11-5. www.antiquesoregon.com
August 21 Total Solar Eclipse! “Aurora, Three Dawns in One Day”. Aurora is in the “path of totality” with many special opportunities to share the viewing around and south of us. The totality is forecast for 10:15am.
- After the eclipse Aurora’s shops will be open for the day, so if you’ve enjoyed the experience and are on your way back home after the weekend or if you’ve come for the day, welcome! Have lunch and refreshment here and browse the shops until 5pm.
- Aurora Colony Vineyards, Aurora “Total Eclipse of the Vineyard” Aug. 18-21 has a weekend of Eclipse activity with RV camping, food, wine, entertainment, winery tours. No RV? Walk-ons as well for the viewing. Reserve now.
- Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm, Woodburn. Just a few miles south of Aurora, is having an Eclipse weekend on their farm and winery. Reserve now
- Sunday, August 20th, Solar Eclipse Party with POK POK on the patio at St. Josef’s Winery, Canby. Get ready for the solar eclipse with great wines, music and Portland’s Famous Foodie restaurant! Pok Pok is bringing their Asian-Fusion fare to St Josef’s! You don’t have to drive to Portland and wait for hours…come to St Josef’s and enjoy the James Beard award winner! Open 12-5pm, music & food 1-5
- St. Josef’s Winery Solar Eclipse Breakfast, Monday August 21st. Enjoy mimosas, pancakes & sausage. Details and reserve now.
Holiday Wine & Chocolate Walk, Dec. 2-3, 2017. Tickets go on sale soon for this popular annual event! Watch this space for Early Bird prices online here.